Tomorrow in the US, we celebrate Thanksgiving. A time punctuated by NFL football, family and tons of food. You are also supposed to reflect on what you are thankful for. I’m feeling particularly thankful this year, so I wanted to jot down a couple of reasons why.
- The health of my family – I’m so glad that myself and my family are healthy. I’ve seen too much bad shit in recent years happen to friends of mine. So not having to deal with sickness is a true blessing.
- Having a job I love – It sounds cliche, but I really love what I do for a living. Even though the stress levels can get high sometimes, I still really enjoy everything about my job. It doesn’t hurt that I have the best staff on the planet working for me either. I am so thankful that those folks make me look good on a daily basis.
- Having a job, period – Right now the economy sucks for so many people, so to actually be employed and not looking for work is something I do not take for granted.
- Having a great family – I have an awesome wife and two incredibly outgoing, sweet, fun children. My wife and I both love our in-laws and don’t dread getting together at times like Thanksgiving. Not everyone has that luxury.
- Having great friends – I have some truly great friends, both in real life and virtually. Being able to stay in touch, hang out, and be there for each other is a gift.
You know, that’s really what it’s all about. I have my health, my family and friends, and a good job. I don’t really have any right to bitch, and I need to remember that more often.
So Happy Thanksgiving to you, no matter whether you are celebrating this holiday or not. It’s always good to take stock on how good life really is. And remember, just “Let Go” of all the inconsequential bullshit that drags you down, and focus on what lifts you up. You’ll be much happier that way, I know I am.