Well everyone, I’m another one of the folks in the community that have been asked to review the Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5.1 Upgrader’s Guide from Packt Publishing. From this book, you’re supposed to learn:
- Explore the new features in Domino Designer 8.5.1 that help build business and collaboration applications quickly
- Get to grips with features including security, mail, calendar, and contacts
- Get solutions to issues that you may encounter during the upgrading process
- Quickly examine coexistence issues involved in running Notes/Domino in a mixed environment and solve them efficiently
- Discover add-on products such as Lotus QuickPlace/Quickr and Lotus Sametime for a typical Notes/Domino infrastructure
- Review iNotes updates and explore its new features in full mode
- Integrate Lotus Domino 8.5.1 with IBM servers and tools
- Save disk space by managing attachments on a per server basis using Domino Attachment and Object Service (DAOS)
- Integrate Service Oriented Architectures (SOAs) with Lotus Notes 8.5.1
- Roll out your new deployment with ease by using enhancements, dynamic settings, and the Database redirect policies of Notes/Domino 8.5.1
As other have mentioned, they even provide Chapter 8 – What’s New in Notes/Domino 8.5 Development for free so you can check it out. There have been several other reviews out there by others in the community, so make sure to give them all a read to see if this book will fit for you. I’ll hopefully be able to get to it in a week or so and I’ll let you know my thoughts then.
Right now I’m just happy to see people writing books about Notes/Domino!