Alright. Since I failed so miserably at last years resolutions, I’m going to really try to focus on these this year and make them a reality.
- Get Healthier. I just added a standing desk at work, so that will help. I think I’ll cut back on cigars some and replace them with vaping instead. I’ll eat a little less, eat a little healthier and when a certain health conscious watch comes out this year, I’ll probably integrate that into my routine. I looked at my weight chart for the past two years and 2013-2014 really let me down from where I was in 2012 when I was at my best in years. I’m going to do little things all around and hopefully that will help.
- Do more with my photography. No, really. I want to go through my catalog and tag metadata correctly, import my iPhoto library into Lightroom, and whack a bunch of pictures that just suck. I’m not going to promise I’ll take more photos, but I’ll try. I have an excellent camera on me at all times, I really should make use of it.
- Write more again. Whether it’s a music review, internal marketing of our IT team at work, hardware reviews, my musings on the world, or tips and tricks in the IT space, I want to do more long form stuff. I do quite a bit on Twitter and Facebook, but I need to not let my longer form writing skills languish like they have been.
- Learn. I don’t care if it’s learning more about software, hardware, cigars, photography, vaping, managing or creating music. I need to learn new things and make it a priority.
- Work/Life Balance. This has been a staple here in my resolutions, but it’s really the most important thing to me. I need to make sure that work doesn’t consume me and make me ever place my family on the back burner. I’ve focused on it over the last few years and I will continue to do so.
- Be kind. 2014 had a lot of very unkind things in the world. I’m just going to do my best to be nicer and kinder in all of my dealings. If we all do, maybe the world gets just a little bit better.
I think that’s where I’m going to leave it this year. Here’s wishing you all an exemplary 2015.