Alrighty, my awesome wife found a recipe at cookiesandcups.com that emulates the taste of the infamous Lotusphere Pretzel Cookie almost perfectly. It requires the following:
- 1 cup butter, melted and browned
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups crushed pretzels
- 2 cups chocolate chips
How to Make
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan melt 1 cup butter over medium-low heat. When butter is melted continue to cook, swirling butter constantly until it becomes a golden brown color. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- In bowl of stand mixer mix butter and sugar together until combined. Add in eggs, extra yolk and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add in baking soda, salt and flour. Mix on low until incorporated, then mix in crushed pretzels.
- Finally stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop dough on baking sheet about 2 inches apart, baking until just golden at the edges, about 8-10 minutes. Centers might not seem done yet, but remove the cookies and allow them to cool for 3-4 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
I hearby declare my love for Shelly over at cookiesandcups.com. If you want to see everything step by step, it can be found here. My wife made them as shown in the tutorial, and the taste is perfect. The size of the cookie is still off though, so we will have to experiment with that to get an exact duplicate. That said, they taste the part, so I’m not sure they have to look the part at all 🙂