In the past several years I’ve put quite a few resolutions out here. Some have gone well, others, not so much. That’s still not going to deter me from doing them again. I think it serves as a good motivator for me during the year, so I want to make sure I keep it up. So without further adieu, my resolutions for 2007.
- Stop raising my voice so much when disciplining my kids – My daughters are really good kids, and I attribute that to myself and Jen not letting them run wild like so many parents do. In that vein however, I do have to discipline them when that happens. I tend to raise my voice a bit to get their attention, and I’ve realized that I yell too much. I want to talk to my kids more this year rather than yell.
- Keep on writing – I know this past year has been good to me in the writing dept. but there were a couple of months where all I did was sleep on the train. I want to take more time to post here and come up with good content for Intranet Journal.
- Eat Healthier – There was a time not so long ago that I was on a chili and cheese diet. And while I will still snag a good chili dog or a beef sometimes, I want to eat healthier overall. More salads, more vegetables. I’ve been doing much better on this for the last couple of months, I just wanted to include it here so I keep going.
- Learn the ins and outs of Vista – Some of you might be snickering at this, but from what I’ve used, Vista is pretty good. I want to make sure I can support it (and Longhorn) in the future.
- Use a Mac as one of my main machines – Whether I get it at home or at work is irrelevant. I want to use a Mac a lot this year. It will happen.
- Update my personal and business websites – Hell, I guess I’ll try this AGAIN.
That’s it really. I’m not going to go overboard, and I think all of this is attainable. Only one last thing, I’m going to be happier too! Count on it.